April 4, 2010
Happy Easter to Everyone !!! I do hope your day was a special one. To celebrate the day, we had two very dear friends over for dinner. That made it very special.
It could not be Easter at our house without rack of lamb. Up to a few years I was scared to prepare it until I decided to give it a go. Well I soon found out how easy it was to prepare lamb and life was good. Simple roasted potatoes and peas rounded out the dinner perfectly.
Tonight’s Dinner April 4, 2010
Rack of Lamb
Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Peas with butter
RACK OF LAMB WITH PARSLEY
3 rack of lamb, about 1 ¼ pounds each
2 tablespoon peanut oil
Pepper, fresh ground
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 ½ cup fresh bread crumbs
6 tablespoons chopped parsley
3 small garlic clove, peeled, and chopped fine
1 tablespoon thyme
6 teaspoons unsalted butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Brush the rack with oil, and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Put the rack in a roasting pan, and roast it in the preheated oven for 15 minutes
- remove the meat from the oven, and coat it with the mustard
- lower the oven temperature to 350°
- Combine the bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, thyme and melted butter. Spread this mixture over the top of the rack. Put the rack in the 350° oven, and roast for another 20 minutes for medium.
- Remove the rack from the oven, and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving it into chops. The lamb will medium rare.
ROASTED ROSEMARY POTATOES
4 medium Russet Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
3-4 tablespoons Olive Oil
Fresh or dried Rosemary cut in small pieces
Pre-heat oven at 375 degrees. Spread 1 tablespoon of the olive oil on a cookie sheet. In a bowl add the potatoes, rosemary and the remaining olive oil. Mix well to coat all the potatoes cubes. Place the potatoes on the cookie sheet and sprinkle generously with the salt. Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until the potatoes have formed a nice crust on the bottom and are golden on top.
PEAS WITH BUTTER
1 8 oz bag frozen peas
2 tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the peas according to package directions. Add the butter, salt and pepper. Serve hot.