- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Sunday night dinner
- 1 Pastry crust - I use Pillsbury
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- ½ to ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Roll out the pie crust in a 9 inch pie dish. Make sure the crust is all the way up to the rim. Poke lightly the dough and place in the hot oven for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove and let it cool off.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract and the brown sugar.
- Add the sliced apples to the pie dish. Cover with the egg mixture.
- Place a pie shell shield to cover the border of the dough or make one with aluminum foil.
- Lower the heat to 375°. Bake the cake for 40 to 50 minutes. The top should be nice a golden brown, and the middle should not be runny.