Asparagus and Saffron Farfalle
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Under 45 minutes
- 10 Asparagus spears
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ cup White wine
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 1-pound Farfalle pasta - I love De Cecco
- 2 trips of bacon nicely cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese
- Parsley, minced
- Peel the bottom of the asparagus spears and slice the spears on rounds.
- Heat the oil in saucepan and sauté the shallot. Add the asparagus and white wine. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the saffron and cook the farfalle until al dente (not too soft bust still with a bite).
- Drain the pasta and toss with the asparagus. Add the butter and mix well.
- Crumble the bacon over the pasta, grate some Parmesan Cheese and sprinkle with parsley.