Broiled Salmon with Spicy Maple Sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Under 45 minutes
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup, or to taste
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Four 1-inch-thick pieces salmon fillet (about 6 oz. each)
- In a small heavy saucepan combine the maple syrup, water, gingerroot, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt and simmer until reduced to about ½ cup. Cool basting sauce.
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange salmon, skin side down, on oiled rack of broiler pan and season with salt. Broil salmon about 4 inches from heat 4 minutes. Brush salmon with sauce and broil until just cooked through, about 6 minutes more.