Roasted Carrots with Orange Brown Butter and Sage
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Under 45 minutes
- 1 bunch young carrots with tops
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 orange, halved
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 leaves of sage
- Preheat the oven at 350°.
- Cut off all but 1 inch of the carrot tops, leaving a little green. Put the carrots in a large shallow pan, add the oil, season with salt and pepper and coat well the carrots. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until they are tender to the fork test.
- In the meantime, melt the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Swirl the pan around and cook until the butter begins to become brown and nutty. Squeeze in the juice from the orange halves, add the brown sugar and sage, continue to cook for 2 minutes or until syrupy.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and arrange them on a platter. Drizzle the orange brown butter over the carrots and serve.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 45 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Vegetables, Side Dishes