- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Under 45 minutes
- 2 pound large shrimps or prawns, peeled, tails off, deveined and butterflied
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- juice of 1 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaves parsley
- Dredge the shrimps in flour coating all sides.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. When the oil is very hot but not smoking, add the shrimps and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until the shrimps have just begun to brown. Do not overcrowd the pan, sauté in batches if necessary. Remove the shrimps from the pan and drain off all oil excess.
- Stir in wine, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. When all well combined, whisk in 4 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Return the shrimps to pan. Stir in lemon juice and chicken stock and return to a boil.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimps from pan to a warm serving platter. Rapidly boil sauce for 2 minutes, whisking the parsley and remaining butter. Pour over shrimps and serve with Anger hair pasta or crusty bread to absorb the sauce.