Skillet Pork Chops with Browned Butter Sage
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Under 45 minutes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 1-inch-thick bone in pork chops
- 1/2 cup all-purpose unbleached flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- In a large cast iron, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Dredge pork chops in 1/4 cup flour, shaking off any excess. Evenly sprinkle one side of the pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the pork chops to skillet, seasoned side down. Cook without moving 6 to 8 minutes. Sprinkle evenly the remaining salt and pepper on the pork chops and turn them over and cook for another 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the skillet. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Add sage to the skillet and cook until crisp. remove from skillet and set aside. Drain and discard the oil.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add garlic and cook stirring frequently, 5 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 of cup of flour to the garlic mixture. Whisk in the milk, whisking frequently until thickened and bubbly. Stir in fresh thyme.
- Return the pork chops to pan and garnish with crisp sage leaves.
- Serve immediately.