Spaghetti alle Vongole
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Under 45 minutes
- ¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 pound of Spaghetti
- 1/3 cup of white wine
- Olive oil
- Grissini or day old bread, sliced to make rough bread crumbs
- Put clams in water and add salt to open them and clean them. Shake them and change the water twice. Remove all broken clams and set aside.
- In a large pot add water, add salt and cook over high heat.
- In a large skillet Sautee garlic with olive oil, parsley. Add the clean clams and the white wine. Cover and let steam them.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions, they must be al dente.
- When the spaghetti are ready, add them to the skillet with the clams and cook lightly. Add some spaghetti cooking water, the pasta must be wet, shake in the pan to toss all the ingredients together.
- Add bread crumbs and serve hot.