Stuffed Chicken with Broccolis
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Under 45 minutes
- 2 Carrots, peeled, chopped very fine
- 2 Parsnips, peeled and chopped fine
- 2 Zucchini, unpeeled
- 4 chicken tights, skin on, no bone in. (chicken breasts may be used also)
- 6 slices of very lean bacon, sliced on ¼ inch pieces
- Scallions, white part only, thinly sliced
- Broccolis head, separated in florets
- Small amounts of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 º.
- Cook in boiling water the carrots and parsnips. At the same time in another pot cook the unpeeled zucchini in boiling water, making sure they remain firm. Drain the zucchini when ready and dice. Drain the carrots and parsnips and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet over medium heat, add the butter, bacon and scallions. Sautee until the bacon bits is nicely cooked. Remove any extra fat rendered from the bacon. Reserve a small handful of bacon and green onion mixture to use with the broccolis.
- Add the zucchini, carrots and parsnips to the skillet and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Open wide the chicken tights and clean them of any fat. Add in the center 1 tablespoon of mixture and roll to form a cylinder. Use a toothpick or cooking string to tie together. In a large oven proof skillet add some butter or oil and sear the stuffed chicken tights.
- When the outside skin is nicely browned, place the whole pan in the oven to allow the center of the chicken to cook nicely. Around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile steam the broccolis. When broccolis are cooked but still crisp, sauté with bacon scallions mixture for a minute or so.
- Put each chicken roll in a plate and serve with the broccolis.