A Lovely Blog Award
A lovely blog award.
In this wonderful journey of blogging, I have cyber meet wonderful peoples, talented bloggers with inspirational blogs. It is such a feast to the eyes to see wonderful photographs of food that sometimes I wish I could reach inside my monitor and grab what ever is coming at me.
I was surprised, humbled and honored when this past week end I received “ A Lovely Blog Award” by Abby at Manila Spoon. I am very grateful and thankful to be bestowed such a recognition.
I discovered Manila Spoon a couple of months ago as I was browsing the web. Her article that day was not food related, as you would expect from a food blog, but instead a very personal one. She shared with her readers a very personal moment on her life. Reading the story I started crying as I experience the same in my life eleven years ago. From that point forward Abby and I started following each other. Her blog is wonderful and she has so many great recipes.
Thank you Abby for nominating my blog.
There are certain rules to follow when receiving the award, such as:
- Link back to the person who nominated your blog
- Add “ The One Lovely Blog Award” to your post
- Share 7 random things about yourself
- Pass the award onto 15 nominees and let them know
Now 7 things about me:
- I was born in Italy and raised in Paris, France.
- I am fluent in French, Italian and English. I love Spanish and I can speak it better than I can write it.
- I did not touch a cooking pan until I was 27 years old. I took one year off of work and decided to self teach myself how to cook. The same year I learned how to work with a ceramic wheel and create homemade pottery. Still have some of my pieces I created.
- I have been very fortunate and thankful to have been able to travel and visit 23 countries around the world.
- When I am not food blogging, I work on Giangi’s Design and create ladies, children and soon gentlemen scarves, shawls, cowl…
- I love coffee, and when able to, I do travel with my little caffettiera, coffee and sugar. I also love chocolate, LOVE chocolate.
- I love, cherish and spend every minute I can with my son. He is my love. He keeps me young at heart, on my toes and up and running all the time. He is also my best food critique as he eats everything I put in front of him.
Here is my list of favorite and excellent blogs. I really enjoy reading and following then. They are my inspiration.
- Sumptuous Spoonfuls
- Part Time Housewife
- One Man’s Meat
- Pentole e Fornelli
- Chef in Disguise
- Christine’s Cuisine
- Chilli Marmalade
- A traveller’s Tale
- La Serviette Blanche
- Simply Gourmet
- From Valerie’s Kitchen
- Once a Mom… Always a Cook
- Family Fresh Cooking
- Living the Gourmet
Thank you for visiting Giangi’.
If you liked my post, you’re sure to love these useful products and related posts.
Shop My Favorites
Shop and save from the comfort of your homePlus
Shop a collection of my favorite kitchen tools, books and more.Shop Now
Comments (16) Post a Reply
Thanks so much for the shout-out! I’ll have to check out the others on your list 🙂
You are welcome!. I really enjoy them as I hope you will also. Giangi
Thank you kindly for nominating me for the award
I deeply appreciate it and loved knowing more about you
The pleasure is all mine. I really enjoy your blog and your recipes. Giangi
HI Giangi, Many thanks for nominating me. It is very kind of you. I see here that you manage to produce perfect pasta dishes without the drama I usually run into.
You are most welcome, the pleasure is all mine. It helps to have an Italian mom… however after years of drama, I can say that I am finally able to make pasta in a zip. Thank you for your wonderful posts. Giangi
Dear Giangi, Thank you so much for thinking of me with this award. Reading your message made my day.
It is wonderful getting know the friends you blog with a little better. Thank you for sharing! Blessings, your friend, Catherine xo
You are very welcome Catherine. I really enjoy your blog and it is an inspiration to me. I am happy I made your day… Your friend, Giangi
So sweet of you to include me in your list of wonderful blogs. I am new to your blog and look forward to taking a look around and following along 🙂
I really enjoy reading your recipes, and you are most welcome. Have fun! Giangi
Congratulations! It’s an award well-deserved. And thank you for including A Traveller’s Tale among your nominees. I really appreciate it.
Thank you, and you are very much welcome. I look so forward to your postings. I love all your pictures, they are just beautiful, all of them. Giangi
all of them.
Deeply appreciated. Would love to be a frequent guest in your kitchen. Thanks again.
My kitchen is always open.
Congratulations on receiving “A Lovely Blog Award” by Abby at Manila Spoon. I love Abby’s blog. I just recently found her page myself and she has an amazing recipe index! I am so honored to be in your list of favorite and inspirational blogs. This made my day 🙂 I will definitely be following you on Facebook, so we can stay connected! Have a wonderful day and thank you again!
Thank you so much Audra and you are most welcome. I sincerely enjoy your blog. Great recipes and pictures. Looking forward to fun following.