Waffle with strawberries.
Breakfast is an essential meal of the day. During the week, we prepare a good and healthy breakfast, but fast.
During the weekend life slows down, and we do have time to treat ourselves to a more elaborate breakfast.
Now that school is out, here is the perfect opportunity to enjoy a great big breakfast more often.
The unanimous choice: Waffles.
The below recipe is an adaptation of the Joy of cooking.
For us, the amount of butter, eight tablespoons, is perfect.
I have tried with less and with more, but eight is where it is at.
I do not like to let my waffle crisp too much.
Little butter spread on top is all we prefer. We love maple syrup…
We served fresh strawberries with our waffles.
If you enjoy this delicious Waffle with Strawberries recipe, look at my other recipes.
Waffle with Strawberries – Home made
- 1¾ cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the waffle iron. In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix well together.
- In another bowl add the well beaten eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract and milk.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently whisk together well.
- Spoon ½ cup in the center of the hot waffle iron, or amount recommended by manufacturer. Spread the batter ¼ away from the edge of the iron. Close the lid and cook until the waffle is nice and golden brown. Serve with sprinkled powder sugar.
Giangi’s Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram