Potatoes take center stage quite often in our evening’s menu. They are very versatile and I found them to compliment most meals.
Having some cilantro on hand, decided to take my staple recipe and give it a spin. We love it and I cannot wait for you to try it and give me your feed back.
I made it a few times, and I love the garlic with it. With the lime juice the pungent flavor of the garlic is softened and yet you can feel the presence. The lime zest is a most as it contains most of the oils and they are released into the lime and olive oil.
Warm Potatoes With Cilantro And Lime
- 8 new potatoes 8 small new potatoes, all the same size
- 1 lime zest 1 lime zest
- 2 limes juiced 2 limes juiced
- .25 cup cilantro 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 garlic clove 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive poil 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt salt
- pepper pepper
- In a small bowl whisk together the crushed garlic, lime juice, lime zest and cilantro
- Clean the potatoes and place them in a large saucepan with salted water and bring to a boil. Boil between 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a knife.Drain and run under cold water and peel.Crush with a fork making sure they will not turn into mash potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the lime juice, lime zest, garlic and cilantro mixture and drizzle with olive oil.
- Gently stir and serve
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram