Baking cookies is one of my favorite activities during the Holiday Season.
The smell of a fresh batch of cookies right out of the oven is just excellent and heartwarming.
The best part is I have a partner in crime, and we make it an annual event her and I and we spend the whole day baking.
Somehow in the small space that I call my kitchen, we can make over 10 different types of cookies, fudge, and lots of sweet goodness.
One of the most accessible and sinful cookies is the butter cookie.
What makes Butter Cookies so unique?
Soft tender and only 5 ingredients, one being water. Those little divine morsels of sweet goodness will please everyone in your family.
Adding a hint of almond extract and will bring those cookies to the next level.
Bite into those soft pillowy cookies, and you will never be the same. Delicate and full of flavor.
Your house will have that wonderful scent that will lead everyone to your kitchen. However, watch out as they seem to disappear when left unattended.
Those cookies should not look golden on the top at all. As you know your oven best, the timing is a guide to you.
Do press lightly with the fork but do not go thru.
It makes lots as they will be gone fast.
- 8 ounces unsalted butter 2 cubes, 4 ounces each cube, unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon almond extract ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour 2 cups flour
- Add ingredients, flour last, and work with a fork. Make little balls and flatten with the back of a fork in a buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram
Recipe originally published on 12/21/2012