Petite Crimson Lentil Hummus. A failed cooking project created this delicious recipe. The petite crimson lentils do no hold their shape well when cooking, thus coming apart. Perfect for the recipe on hand but not for the dish I had in mind.
Here is your basic hummus recipe using instead lentils. Love it. We have been enjoying it with grissini, crackers and vegetables.
However here are a couple of tips for you that I must share as it can interfere with the flavor. Use very little salt and add as needed it. Use regular olive oil, not extra virgin has it has a more pungent flavor to it and can hinder on the outcome.
The best part? Takes less than 15 minutes to prepare and with all the games on television this weekend, why not have something fun to go along and your other goodies.
Petite Crimson Lentil Hummus
- 12 ounces crimson lentils 12 ounces petite crimson lentils
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 ounces tahini 2 ounces tahini
- 1 teaspoon salt 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablspoons olive oil 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook lentils in salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. They will split and open. Drain and place in a small food processor.
- In the food processor add to the lentils: lemon, garlic, tahini and cumin and blend well.
- Taste and add salt gradually and blend well.
- Add the olive oil and taste as you go along to insure proper seasoning.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram