This coconut sauce is light, full of flavor and absolutely versatile. I prepared it with prawns. However it goes well with chopped chicken, all sorts of vegetables or tofu for a more vegan alternative.
Can be prepared couple of days in advance and warmed up and poured over your favorite ingredients. To make it of a thicker consistency and the sauce absorbed, add rice, lentils, quinoa, barley or any grains of your liking.
As for the vegetables, use what is on hand. let your imagination go wild.
Deliciously good, but then do not take my word for it and give it a try.
Prawns with Carrot-Ginger Coconut Sauce
For Coconut Sauce
- 14 ounces coconut milk 1 14-ounces can of coconut milk
- 2 carrots 2 small carrots
- 1 ginger 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove 1 garlic clove, peeled and hard end removed
- 1 serrano pepper 1 serrano pepper, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup fresh parsley 1 cup fresh parsley
- 2 lime 2 limes, juiced
- 1 stalk lemon grass 1 stalk lemongrass
For the Prawns and Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 prawns 12 prawns tail on
- vegetables Any mix of vegetables: bell peppers, string beans, asparagus, onions, snap peas...
- In a blender or food processor, add all the ingredients for the coconut sauce, including lemongrass. Blend well. Taste for seasoning and add more soy or a pinch of salt.
- In a skillet over high heat, add the olive oil over and sauté the prawns and the vegetables. Toss until done. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently heat the sauce, do not boil it as it will separate. When hot pour over the prawns and vegetables.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram