Jalapeno Burgers. A spin to our beloved burger recipe. A few weeks back a dear friend of mine invited us to her house for dinner and we had those wonderful jalapeno cheddar burgers. I could not wait to get home to replicate them as much we have fallen in love with them.
Imagine, a juicy, succulent, and cooked to perfection beef patty with chunks of cheddar cheese stuffed inside the meat. The perfect amount of heat from the jalapeno. Savory and super delicious.
As you all know jalapeno is not for the faint of hearts thus with I decide to take matters into my hands and decide the heat level that I was comfortable with. Therefore, omitted most of the seeds. Medium heat is how I like them.
There are no hamburger buns on my recipe which I replaced with spinach. A gluten-free paleo version dinner. The softness of the spinach tames the burger.
Peppers and Mexican cuisine
There are so many peppers to choose from: serrano peppers, chili peppers, jalapeno peppers that you can spend all day at the store. Play with one at a time. Serrano is milder than jalapenos, and habanero will have you running for the water. A little will go a long way.
I also trying growing a pepper plant as well as bell peppers, but my little squirrels got them before I could enjoy them
When I first moved to Arizona I was introduced to jalapenos. My friends, not knowing how I would handle the heat, the first thing they did they introduce me to this trick: Each time you eat something very hot, immediately sprinkle salt and squeeze lime either on a slice of radish or a slice of a cucumber and eat it. The two are counterbalancing the heat by calming it. No need to drink tons of water, milk, or beer to calm the hotness.
- Note to the wise, I guess this is more a note to myself: the seeds and the filaments are the hot part of the jalapeno. Be very careful when removing them not to breathe into them. I did that and I am still coughing.
- It is ok to rinse the inside of the jalapeno. This will eliminate a lot of the heat.
- When cooking the burgers keep a keen eye on them as the cheese will melt and it will produce fat and it can be dangerous if left unattended. I use a grill pan to give it the perfect lines to them.
- Medium high heat, and a few minutes on each side
- Any good bread buns will be perfect for this Jalapeno Burgers.
- Once cooked, let them rest on paper towels to absorb some of the fat if any. I always use 85/15% ground sirloin.
Enjoy this yummy Jalapeno Burger recipe!
Equipment that I used and love to make this recipe
- 15 mins total
- 5 mins prep
- 10 mins cook
- serves 4 peoples
1 pound ground beef (80/20 fat content)
1 cup cheddar cheese, roughly chopped
1 jalapeno, cleaned, seeds removed (optional) and sliced
salt and pepper
fresh spinach washed and dried
Combine the ground beef with the cheddar cheese and jalapeno slices in a large mixing bowl. Season with pepper and salt to taste. Form ¼ pound each burger patties
Over high heat place a grill plate and when hot brush some oil over the surface.
Add the burger patties and cook to desired doneness paying attention as the cheese will melt and stick to the grill. 4 to 5 minutes per side.
On a plate place a small bed of spinach and add the burger on top of it. Add the radishes and limes with avocado to your plate.
If you liked my recipe, you’re sure to love these useful products and related dishes.