Sausage Pasta with peas .
A nice plate of pasta is always welcome, adding sausages to it, makes it even more fun. Last night we just did that. Sausage pasta with peas and tomatoes sauce. Something new as we seldom have mild Italian sausages for dinner, more of a breakfast enjoyment.
I left the casing on and cut the sausages into a 1- 1 1/2 inch chunks. If I had smaller kids at the table I would have cut the sausage to 1 inch, easy to eat and no need to cut them with a knife.
We also use Pomi for a choice for our tomatoes. All the seeds are removed to alleviate the acidity of the tomatoes.
Pasta with Peas and Italian Sausage
- 1 pound pasta 1 pound Farfalle pasta
- 1 cup peas 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsps olive oil 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 Italian sausage cut into 1 1/2 chunks Italian sausage
- 26 ounces tomato sauce 26 ounced box of Pomi strained tomato sauce
- 1 ounce tomatoes 1 8 ounces can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Cook the pasta following the package directions.
- Meanwhile in a very large skillet over medium heat add the olive oil and add the sausages. Sauté` the sausage meat until slightly brown all over, add the frozen peas and the tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Lower the heat to medium and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pan, add the butter and the tomatoes with sausage. Mix well and server hot.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram