I could eat this avocado salad with fresh tomatoes and mozzarella every day.
It is simple to make and can be enjoyed alone or as a side.
Either way, I know you will enjoy it immensely as it does not require any cooking, and it is pretty healthy, mainly during the summer season when tomatoes and avocados are in season.
The perfect go-to salad when you are in a time crunch.
I have a very fond love for mozzarella, all cheeses for that matter, and I could not help myself from adding it here.
The combination is quite a perfect one. The mozzarella is soft and tender and takes well to the vinegar dressing and, of course, to the tomatoes.
The avocado balances off perfectly with the mozzarella.
Soft and tender and packed with flavor.
In this Article
- Best avocados to buy
- What is the difference between a Haas avocado and a regular avocado?
- What is unique about Hass avocados?
- What tomatoes to choose from?
- Here are a few helpful tips for the ingredients needed to make this Avocado Salad
- Equipment needed
- Preparing tips and step-by-step instructions to create this excellent avocado salad recipe
- Substitutions and variations
- What to serve with your avocado salad?
- How long does it keep?
- If you enjoy this delicious avocado salad recipe, look at my other recipes.
- Avocado Salad
Best avocados to buy
If the area underneath is green, the avocado is good to buy.
If the area is brown, the avocado is overripe, so it’s best to avoid it.
Keep an eye out for mold as well. If the stem area is black or dark brown, the fruit will likely mold.
What is the difference between a Haas avocado and a regular avocado?
Haas avocados have a higher oil percentage making the texture creamier; therefore, it is the most preferred variety in cooking.
Indian avocados, on the other hand, have a lower oil percentage making the texture slightly less creamy but nuttier in flavor.
What is unique about Hass avocados?
The Hass avocado is known for its leathery, fairly thick skin that turns nearly black when fully ripe.
As it nears the central pit, the lush pale lime green color develops a rich, creamy yellow tone and softer, oil-rich texture.
What tomatoes to choose from?
I leave that to you. Campari and cherry tomatoes are fun.
Heirloom and red beefsteak tomatoes are lovely as they bring lots of richness to your salad.
Nothing like some fresh tomatoes to bite into when fresh off the vine.
I permanently remove the seeds, which make your salad way too watery.
Here are a few helpful tips for the ingredients needed to make this Avocado Salad
This is a quick introduction. Please read the recipe for complete instructions.
Red wine vinegar: I am very partial to French red wine vinegar, as to me, they are richer in flavor and acidity. However, do not make a special trip to the store and use your favorite.
Olive oil: I like light olive oil, therefore only a light Bertolli. If you select an EVOO, please ensure you taste before adding the whole amount as specified in my recipe. It will be more pungent.
Garlic clove: gives this dish that great light kick to enhance all the flavors. It is minced, of course.
Haad avocado: Mature but not too much. Still a little firm to the touch.
Mozzarella: Cubed a large mozzarella, do not use burrata as it will spread too much, and it is not conducive for this avocado salad. Cigliegine mozzarella is a lot of fun.
Tomatoes: select one of your choices. Remove all seedlings and interior membranes.
Parsley: Italian flat leaves are the best as it is rich in flavor.
I only recommend what I use and love.
Cutting board: I love wood and will only use wood as they are kinder to my knife blades.
Serving bowl: I enjoy a white dish when presenting my salad. The contrast is quite attractive.
Salad tongs: always fun to add a new pair to our kitchen
Preparing tips and step-by-step instructions to create this excellent avocado salad recipe
This recipe takes no time to be prepared, as you can read from the instructions below.
- Start by making the vinaigrette by mixing the salt and the vinegar in a large serving bowl.
- Once the salt has dissolved, add the olive oil and finely mince garlic. Mix well.
- Cut the tomatoes, remove all the seeds, and add them to the vinaigrette.
- Slice the mozzarella or add the small balls to the tomatoes.
- Add the chopped parsley to the tomato bowl.
- Mix well.
Please give it a couple of grinds of black pepper, and you are ready to enjoy your beautiful avocado salad.
Substitutions and variations
Substitute the parsley with the basil to keep it with an Italian flair.
Add sliced cucumbers is another fun and quite refreshing combination.
If you are in a more South of border mood, adding finely chopped red onions will add a kick to your avocado salad. You can also substitute the parsley with cilantro.
What to serve with your avocado salad?
The possibilities are endless—chicken, salmon, beef.
This avocado salad is the perfect party companion to all your barbeques.
How long does it keep?
Due to the avocados in the salad, it should be served soon after preparing it. The avocado will start to break down and turn brown.
The vinegar will also bring out the liquid from the tomatoes.
If you enjoy this delicious avocado salad recipe, look at my other recipes.
Equipment used to prepare this delicious avocado salad recipe
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 Haas avocado, pitted, seed removed and sliced into cubes
- 4 tomatoes, cut in chunks and seeds removed
- 15 ounces mozzarella, cubed mozzarella or mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- black cracked pepper
- Whisk the red vinegar with the salt until it has melted in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and garlic clove and mix well
- Add the avocado, tomatoes, mozzarella, and parsley and toss.
- Season freshly black cracked pepper
- Substitute the parsley with the basil to keep it with an Italian flair.
- Add sliced cucumbers is another fun and quite refreshing combination.
- If you are in a more South of border mood, adding finely chopped red onions will add a kick to your avocado salad.
- You can also substitute the parsley with cilantro.
Giangi’s Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram
Visit my Amazon Storefront for my selection of favorite kitchen essentials. I only recommend equipment that I use and love.