Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Garlic.
The Fall air is one of my favorite. The days are getting shorter the morning are colder. Our home cooking reflect that by having a more sauces, more oven cooked meals. The aromas that linger in the house are warming to the soul.
Last night I prepared one of my old favorite meal, cheese pork chops. The heavy cream tenderizes the meat, which was already tender to start with, the mustard gives a small bite, the cheese blends well.
Nothing portrays Fall better than Brussels sprouts. To maximize my time I did not peel leaves by leaves, but instead I sliced them in thin slices. same result while cooking, faster prep time.
Could not have our first official Fall meal without potatoes.
A nice glass of Chardonnay by Sterling Vineyard was perfect.
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Garlic
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts 2 pound halved and cored removed Brussels sprouts
- 2 garlic 2 peeled and minced garlic cloves
- 6 slices bacon 6 slices cut in smala sllces bacon
- In a large skillet place the bacon and cook until is brown and all fat rendered.
- Add the garlic and Brussels sprouts and still well together.
- Cover and let the sprouts become tender.
- Add salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon to season and serve.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram