I love fennel and enjoy the crispiness and tanginess of the anise flavor. To change things up a bit from the usual salad, the gratin is a great alternative. Mixed with the sweetness of the coconut milk and the tanginess of the lemon, you will soon be hooked on this great vegetable side dish.
Yes, it may take a bit longer than usual, thus I am suggesting slicing the fennel with the aid of a mandoline and slice them as thinly as you possibly can. Can you bet three ingredients only?
You can enjoy it hot right out of the oven, or cold for a quick lunch.
Fennel Gratin With Coconut Milk
- 3 fennel bulbs 3 fennel bulbs finely sliced
- 26 ounces coconut milk 2 13.5 each fluid ounces coconut milk
- 1 zest and lemon juice zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- salt and pepper salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300F
- In a gratin dish, layer the thin fennel slices. Drizzle the coconut milk and lemon zest and juice.Salt and pepper and place in the hot oven, center for 1h 30 minutes. All the liquid must be evaporated at the end of cooking. If not keep in the oven a bit longer.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram