Garlic Olive Oil.
I love to make my own infused oils as they are so much fun to use in my cooking.
Garlic oil, of course, is one of the most prepared flavored oil as you can enjoy it with almost all food. It gives it that deep flavor, while not being too overpowering.
I do not recommend chopped garlic as it will be too strong of a flavor and will turn rancid if not used within a month. I will never make that mistake again.
Once you will taste this, you rarely will purchase yours at the grocery store. The flavors are not the same.
I like Light extra virgin olive oil. Lighter in flavor and will not overpower any of your dishes. More of a neutral flavor which with this recipe, allows the garlic-rich oils to shine thru.
I am very partial to Italian olive oil. Light in flavor, light in taste, and easier to digest.
How to make this garlic oil recipe?
The preparation is simple as it can be. Remove the papery skin of the garlic cloves, make sure no bruising or dark spots appear. Remove any green inner part germination if any is insight.
Gently bruised it with the large knife blade and place them into a small pot that will hold the oil.
Warm it up with olive oil to release gently the internal oils. You will notice that small bubbles will come to the surface. The normal process as the oil is penetrating into the garlic and releasing the essential flavor. Do not let it boil or get too hot.
It has to be warm to the touch.
This recipe calls for 6 garlic cloves, but you can be as generous as you wish.
Once at room temperature, transfuse it into a clean and dry decanter or a jar.
The many uses of your garlic oil
- Use on bruschetta spread brushed on a slice of bread and topped with diced tomatoes, fresh herbs, and cracked black pepper.
- Fresh garlic croutons.
- Salad dressing. Excellent with spinach, crispy bacon and prepare a garlic oil and mustard vinaigrette.
- Toss it with some pasta.
- Roasted potatoes.
- A dash over your favorite soup.
- Steamed broccoli with a dash of salt and a light sprinkle of garlic-infused oil. Everyone favorite.
- It goes without saying sprinkle a few dashes with your salmon, my favorite, as well as when you prepare chicken.
Let your imagination go wild using your homemade garlic oil, the fun has just started.
A perfect gift to give to all your foodies’ friends, may it be during the holiday season, or just because you were thinking of them.
Looking for other yummy recipes?
Why not try making:
Equipment and ingredients used to make this recipe
Garlic Olive Oil
- 6 garlic cloves 6 garlic cloves
- 4 cups olive oil 4 cups olive oil
- Place bruised garlic and oil in a saucepan.
- Heat the mixture until it becomes aromatic and just warm to the touch.
- Cool and pour the oil into bottles with the garlic cloves. Seal.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram
Visit my Amazon Storefront for my selection of favorite kitchen essentials. I only recommend equipment that I use and love.