Lime fish with garlic mangoes sauce.
Tonight meal is a result of playing with flavors and just having fun. As this is my own creation, I did the best I could to write down the amounts of the ingredients I used.
The combination of mangoes and garlic is subtle and yet powerful as to me sweet and tangy. Every ingredients plays a role in the most delightful taste of the salsa.
A great glass of white wine was the perfect paring.
Lime Fish with Garlic Mangoes Sauce
- 0.25 cup vegetable oil 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 5 garlic 5 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 4 orange roughy fillets 4 large orange roughy fillets
- 0.5 cup lime 1/2 cup juice of fresh lime
- 3 tbsps flat-leaf parsley 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups mangoes 2 cups chopped mangoes
- 1 ounce pineapple 1 8 ounces chopped pineapple
- 2 tbsps brown sugar 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tbsps honey 2 tablespoons honey
- 0.25 cup white wine 1/4 cup white wine
- 0.5 yellow onion 1/2 thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 tbsp ginger 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 0.5 cup golden raisins 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the oil with the garlic in a small heavy saucepan over medium- low heat. Cook shaking the pan occasionally until the garlic browns. Season with a little bit of salt. Remove from the heat and add 2 tablespoons of lime juice and let set.
- Meanwhile in a heavy bottomed pan add the chopped mangoes, pineapple chunks with the juice, brown sugar, honey, white wine, onions, grated ginger, parsley and raisins. Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic with the oil and lemon to the mangoes and stir together. Cook over low heat for another minute or so.
- In a large skillet place 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Add the fish and cook each side for 2 minutes. Add the remaining lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the mangoes sauce over the fish
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram