Orange roughy with capers, garlic and vermouth.
Many of times we have seen the day pass us by and all of the sudden is dinner and we run into two snags: what to prepare, and do we have all the ingredients on hand to make the recipe we want? Last night was the ladder and not having all the ingredients on hand I just had to improvised a sauce for the orange roughy. I always have fish on handy so that part was covered. Thankfully my pantry is half way stacked at all times and after all cooking is letting your imagination go wild, right?
Simple, fast and tasty, a must try at this time of the year. Green salad with yellow and red pepper and quick potatoes gratin. Easy side dishes.
Orange Roughy with Capers, Garlic and Vermouth
- 6 ounces orange roughy fillets 4 6 ounces each pieces of orange roughy fillets
- 4 tbsps unsalted butter 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic 3 peeled and finely chopped garlic cloves
- 0.5 cup vermouth 1/2 cup sweet white dry vermouth
- 2 tbsps capers 2 tablespoons capers
- In a frying pan put 3 tablespoons butter and cook until melted and starts to bubble. Add the pieces of fish and gently brown on both sides.
- Add to the pan the sweet vermouth, garlic, the capers and salt and pepper. Scrape any bits of the pan and cook until the sauce start to bind.
- Remove the fish from the pan when done and rest covered on a dish.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet and swirl it around until it melts.
- Serve over the fish.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram