Parmesan and shallot risotto. I am so ready for Fall, however our wonderful Phoenix weather is not cooperating yet.
Tonight I have decided that if the weather does not want to cooperate, mentally I am already in the fall mood and therefore our meal will reflect that. So marinate salmon with asparagus and Parmesan and shallot rice.
The rice is a creation of mine by combining two of my favorites rice recipes together. Quite tasty, if I may say so myself. Simple and easy, a great way to end a great week- end.
The use of a great Italian rice for this dish is a must.
Parmesan and Shallot Risotto - Yummy!!
- 2 cups rice 2 cups or Carnaroli rice
- 5 cups sodium free chicken stock 5 cups sodium free chicken stock
- 3 tbsps olive oil 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shallots 4 peeled and minced shallots
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter 1 to 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tbsps parmesan cheese 3 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- Bring the stock to a simmer and keep warm over low heat.
- In a large pan, or risotto pan, heat the olive oil and add the shallots. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the shallots have softened but not browned. Stir in the rice and cook for a couple of minutes until the rice becomes translucent. Stir frequently.
- Add ladleful of hot stock to the rice stirring until almost all the liquid is absorbed before adding the next ladle full. When you have added most of the entire stock, stir in the butter and when all incorporated add the parmesan cheese and the chopped parsley.
- Add a splash of more stock to keep the rice moist and creamy. Season to taste. Serve hot and topped with a drizzle of olive oil.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram