Potatoes and parmesan Galette. We love potatoes hence I can come up with as many recipes I can to serve my family. A crispy on the outside. soft on the inside, potatoes galette is a deliciously easy new way to prepare potatoes. As a result a great fail proof side dish. The best part: you can prepare them early and store them in the refrigerator until ready to use. Make sure that they are at room temperature before frying them.
School will be starting soon. Most of our friends have already started the homework-after school activities process, and I am so looking forward to join in soon, very soon.
I need to go back to a settled routine. Long summer. Therefore to celebrate the last few days of so called freedom, here is a not so 30 minute dinner, ok 45 minutes.
The only preparation that took some time is the Galette. The pork chops are as simple as saying 1-2-3. A skillet with a shadow of oil over moderate heat. Cook until cook through.
This is my first time preparing the zucchini salad. Tip: cut them very thin. The thinner the better. Enjoy dinner with a great glass of Chardonnays.
Potatoes and Parmesan Galette
- 1 pound potatoes 1 pound peeled potatoes
- 2 eggs 2 large egg(s)
- 3 tbsps unbleached all purpose flour 3 tablespoons unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tbsps Parmiggiano Reggiano 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- 1 tbsp olive oil 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Using the largest holes of the box grater, coarsely grate the potatoes. Wrap the potatoes in a kitchen towel, roll and press hard to extract all the liquid from the potatoes. Dry them completely.
- In a large bowl break the eggs and beat lightly. Add the flower, chives, cheese and 1 teaspoon salt. Whisk to blend. Add the potatoes and stir to coat then evenly with the egg mixture.
- Warm a large heavy bottom frying skillet over high heat. Then add the oil and heat until is hot but not smoking. Reduce to moderate heat. Drop 4 equal part of the potato mixture into the pan and flatten with the spatula to form even galette. Cook on one side until crisp and golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram