Prawns cocktail with kiwi. This week I am so excited to share with you all a collaboration I have done with another local Phoenix food blogger, Jillian from Simple, Sassy and Scrumptious.
We came together to highlight a favorite recipe from each other of our collections that are simple to prepare but have the WOW factor.
What better time to release this collaboration than for Valentine’s Day.
This Valentine’s menu, a collaboration with Simple Sassy and Scrumptious, will undoubtedly impress your loved one!
In less than 30 minutes, both recipes are ready. Yes, you heard me right 30 minutes! Let’s start with Jillian’s sinful Dark Chocolate Ganache Tart.
Jillian’s contribution to this post is simply outstanding, sinful, and divine. Jillian’s use of sea salt and caramel adds that indulgent flavor combination to the tart.
Chilled chocolate ganache is drizzled with caramel and flaked sea salt. The ultimate salty-sweet combination!
My contribution is amazing, flavorful Prawns Cocktails with Kiwi. The flavors of this cocktail are so crisp and refreshing.
The kiwi in this salad lends a sweetness against the spice of the tabasco.
Plus, hello, there is Gin in this beautiful concoction!
Jillian and I had so much fun talking, cooking, and eating. A great way to spend the afternoon with a friend.
We both know you will fall in LOVE with both of these recipes!
We are confident that you will enjoy both recipes.
Happy Valentine’s Day.
Prawns Cocktail with Kiwis
- 0.5 lbs prawns 1/2 pound prawns, already cooked prawns
- 3 tbsps vodka 3 tablespoons vodka
- 2 tbsps mayonnaise 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 0.5 oz chives fresh chives, chopped
- 0.125 tsp tabasco 2 small pinches of tabasco
- 2 oz butter lettuce 5-6 leaves, butter lettuce
- 5 oz kiwis 2 kiwis, thinly sliced
- 0.5 tbsp lemon 1/2 lemon
- 6 oz avocado 1 avocado, cut in to small cubes
- Marinate the prawns in the Rum (vodka or gin) for 20 minutes.
- Mix together the mayonnaise with the crème fraiche, the fresh chives and Tabasco. Gently incorporate the marinated prawns and the avocado cubes.
- Wash and dry the lettuce leaves. Stack them one in top of the other and roll them together. On a cutting board sliced the lettuce roll in fine slices.
- In 4 glasses, put one layer of lettuce, one layer of prawsn mayonnaise mixture, one layer of lettuce. Place the thinly slices kiwis around the lettuce mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle with the lemon and keep in the refrigerator until time to serve.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram