The month of May is starting to get busier and busier with work, family activities and with the summer vacations looming just around the corner, things around here are quite fun and exciting. I do, love every minutes of it and look forward to all that is scheduled. With that said, time to sit down to a family meal is getting moved around more than I wish for.
Salads have been the quick fix dinners to our crazy life. Actually, growing up in France, my dad served salad with every meal and I have a hard time remembering a meal without it. That habit has stuck with me and that may be why now, I try to incorporate a whole meal with it.
This is a new dish for us. Playing with different spices for the salmon. I love the combination of the lime and the coriander and how they complement each other. Potatoes and peas, a favorite of mine and a healthy and delicious meal was created.
I do not like to put any oil or butter with the salmon while cooking. The natural flavors of the salmon is more pronounced and a healthier choice too.
I have included a new YouTube video with this recipe. I am trying something new and I would love to get your feedback.
Salmon Fillets with Baby Greens and Arugula Salad
- 4 salmon fillets 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 4 lemons 4 thinly sliced lemons
- 1 cup peas 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 red potatoes 2 cleaned and sliced on 1/4 inch rounds red potatoes
- 2 cups arugula salad 2 cups mixed baby greens and arugula salad
- 4 radishes 4 thinly sliced radishes
- 2 tbsps red wine vinegar 1 to 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven at 375°.
- Season the salmon fillets with generous amount of coriander, salt and pepper
- In a large pan filled with salted water, cook the red potatoes rounds. When almost done 6 to 8 minutes, slightly tender when pierced with a knife add the frozen peas. Cook for another 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large salad bowl. Drizzle with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Spread the lime on the cookie sheet. Sit in top the salmon fillets and place a couple more slices of lime over the fillets.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and lightly drizzle olive oil over the fillets.
- Add the thinly sliced radishes, baby green and arugula to the potatoes. Add the vinegar and more olive oil to season and toss well.
- Divide the salad amongst 4 dishes and place the salmon fillets over it.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram