Veal chops with capers and cream. One of our favorite recipes. Tender veal with a great sauce.
If you like this recipe of veal chops with capers and cream, be sure to look at some of my other recipes.
Veal Chops with Capers and Cream
- 6 ounces veal loin chops 4 6-ounces veal loin chops, about 1 Inch thick
- 2 tbsps butter 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 tbsps olive oil 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tbsps shallots 2 Tablespoons shallots
- 0.5 cup beef stock ½ Cup beef stock
- 0.5 cup vermouth ½ Cup dry vermouth
- 1 tbsp lemon juice 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 0.5 cup whipping cream ½ Cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsps capers 2 Tablespoon capers rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsps parsley 2 Tablespoon Minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 200ᵒ.
- Pat the veal dry with paper towels. Melt butter with oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the veal, in batches if necessary, do not crowd, and brown on one side about 7 minutes. Turn chop over. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until just springy to touch and pink in the center, about 7 more minutes.
- Transfer to cookie sheet, cover and place in the oven, leaving the door ajar.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat in skillet
- Add shallots and stir 2 minutes. Add stock, vermouth and lemon juice and boil until reduced by half, scraping up any brown bits
- Stir in cream and capers
- Simmer until thickened to sauce like consistency. Adjust seasoning
- Adjust seasoning. Pour sauce over veal. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram