Stir-fry asparagus with ginger mushrooms.
During my shopping expedition at AJ’s I could not resist buying asparagus and fresh ginger. I did not have a recipe in mind, but could not pass them up.
Last night I wanted to have some chicken with my new Lemon-Orange Horseradish. Marinate was the only thing that came to mind. Refrigerator door open ingredients started to come out.
I had fun and the vote I received from my little guy was:” Mom… I really like this recipe and I can get used to this new flavor.” Could not help but to hug him and kiss him.
My recipe for the stir fried is an adaptation from the fresh off the press “Fine Cooking” magazine. Not having all the ingredients in hand I had to make some substitutions.
A simple Jasmine white rice was the perfect to be served along.
Asparagus Stir-Fry and Ginger Mushrooms
- 1 pound asparagus 1 pound trimmed and cut in 2 inches pieces asparagus
- 2 tbsps leeks 2 tablespoons thinly sliced leeks
- 2 tbsps olive oil 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 mushrooms 6 large sliced 1/8 inch thick mushrooms
- 2 garlic 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ginger 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large wok or skillet heat the olive oil over high heat. When hot but not smoking add the asparagus, leek and mushrooms. Stir occasionally for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and the ginger and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste and cook for another 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram