Roasted peppers and tomatoes salad.
By having a copious lunch yesterday it left us with not such a bit appetite for dinner. Skipping dinner first of all was not an option, as a result I decided to make a salad of tomatoes and roasted bell pepper. An abundance of light and healthy ingredients all in one dish.
I have made this recipe I must say over fifteen years ago and decided it was time to enjoy it again. The preparation is very simple the result wonderful. Seems like each time I prepare this dish, it is almost all gone before we know it. So… make some extra because it will come on handy.
We are continuing our “special of the week coupon and recipe”. He highlighter produce will bring you to Cook, Coupon, work web site where all the specials are listed and you can print your coupon.
Roasted Peppers and Tomatoes Salad
- 1 red bell pepper 1 roasted red bell pepper
- 1 tomatoes 1 ripe tomatoes
- red onion peeled and thinly sliced red onion
- Char the red bell pepper over a grill or gas flame, or on a cookie sheet under the broiler. Turn the peppers as their skin blisters and chars on all sides. Transfer to a bowl and cover. When peppers are cool to the touch, peel off the skin with your fingers, pull off stems, then tear them open and remove and discard seeds. Cut into large pieces
- Arrange 1 thickly sliced ripe tomato and the large bell peppers pieces.
- Scatter with thinly sliced red onion and capers.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season to taste with coarse salt and cracked black pepper and garnish with thyme.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram