The sweet tender tomatoes roasted in the oven give out a wonderfully soft and rich flavor.
Nothing like biting into a juicy roasted out-of-the-oven tomato… So good!!
A perfect side dish to any poultry, fish or meats. Perfect for any occasion.
I used Campari as I do love them and I purchased some extremely fragrant one at the market this weekend.
However, any small cherry tomatoes will work as well.
Remember to adjust the cooking time as they are smaller and will cook faster.
I used thyme, but use any fresh herbs that you may have on hand, there is no need for a special trip to the grocery store.
- 1 pound campari tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- pepper, a couple of grinds
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the tomatoes lightly with the olive oil on a baking sheet. Spread them out into one layer and sprinkle generously with the coarse sea salt and the pepper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until the tomatoes are soft.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a serving platter and sprinkle with basil leaves and sea salt. Serve hot.
Giangi’s Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram