Breaded pork chops. An all time favorite of our family. Easy to prepare and just delicious every times. A fail proof dinner.
Our day started early this morning by having a coyote on our back yard. A beautiful animal that lingered around having fun. He finally left taking with him one of our dogs stuffed toy. Our small dogs did not know what to do, but knew to stay in the house and bark. We took a couple of pictures that we want to share them with all of you.
This left us a bit shaken as we always leave our dogs free outside, but after all we live in the desert
With all that excitement comfort food was in order. Breaded pork chops and salad. Simple and easy and perfect ending to a long day
Breaded Pork Chops - A Fail Proof Dinner
- 6 ounces pork chops 4 6 ounces bone in pork chops
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 eggs 2 extra large egg(s)
- 0.75 cup bread crumbs 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 0.75 cup panko 3/4 cup panko
- 0.5 cup parmesan cheese 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven at 375 º.
- On a shallow dish combine the flour, salt and pepper. On a second dish, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water. On a third dish, combine the bread crumbs, panko, parmesan cheese and herbs.
- Coat the pork chops on both sides with the flour mixture, shaking off any excess, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread crumbs mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan and cook the chops on medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until the pork chops exterior is nicely browned.
- Place in the hot oven and finish cooking them, 20 or so minutes. Make sure that the chops do not burn or overcook.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram