Fillets mignons with butter and sautéed spinach.
Light, simple and fast are the words best describe our dinner last night. A juicy fillet mignon steak butterflied served over a bed of butter sautéed spinach.
I butterflied the steaks as is was an 8 ounces and to cook it faster and evenly, I cut it 3/4 thru the middle and paid close attention and turning it often while searing.
To close a perfect evening, we had a great bowl of fresh peaches with a dash of sugar.
Fillet Mignon with Butter Sautéed Spinach
- 8 ounces fillet mignon 1 per person fillet mignon
- 12 ounces spinach stemmed and washed well spinach
- Place a large skillet over high heat. Sprinkle generously the bottom of the skillet with fine salt. When the skillet is hot add the steaks to sear and turn often.
- In a separate skillet melt 2-3 tablespoons of butter and sauté the spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- When welted remove and place on plate and top it with the steak.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram