Garlic Potatoes. The taste is familiar yet somehow completely new. This delicious Garlic Potato dish is the perfect side dish to all your meat, poultry, fish, and lamb dishes. Those tender and crispy potatoes rounds, infused with aromatic garlic, will leave you wanting more.
I must admit, I adore potatoes, the French in me is everlasting present, therefore always on the quest to new ways to prepare them for my family. This new dish is a combination of a couple of my favorite dishes: Potatoes Anna and Oven Baked Milk Potatoes. Most of all, only 4 ingredients!
Do not be frightened by the amount of butter. The butter enhanced the rich flavor of the garlic and cooks the potatoes filled with wonderful flavor.
It can go from oven to table without hesitation. I look forward to serving this again on Christmas Day.
- 4 potatoes 4 small, peeled and thilny sliced potatoes
- 7 garlic 6-8 unpeeled, hard end remove garlic clove crushed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter 5 to 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven at 400°.
- If you have a mandoline, slice the potatoes to 1/8 of an inch. Keeping the slices together.
- Swirl some of the melted butter on the bottom and sides of a cast iron skillet.
- Place the potatoes in a round in the skillet. Insure that all the slices are evenly spaced. Tuck the garlic cloves among the slices.
- Brush the potatoes with the remaining melted butter and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the hot oven for approximately 30 to 40 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Can be garnished with thyme if served alongside meat and poultry, or rosemary if served along side lamb chops with rosemary. (optional)
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram