Roasted Rosemary Potatoes is one of my favorite dishes. Is one that my friends ask me to make as they love it too.
Every kitchen and every family has a staple dish that is done over and over.
In our family rosemary roasted potatoes is it. I have been making this recipe since my first cooking attempt, a fail-proof recipe, with nothing to it.
Throughout the years at Thanksgiving, these roasted rosemary potatoes replace mashed potatoes.
I do remember growing up on the few occasions that we spent the holidays in Italy, and my aunts would make them. It was love at first bite.
As I never cooked when I was young by choice, this is the only dish that I showed some interest in and managed to ask how it was done.
You should have seen the puzzled face of my aunt as she knew I could burn water. She obliged and share it with me and 40 some plus years later I am still enjoying her recipe.
Perfectly cut potato chunks with one side nicely golden brown crisped to perfection. Inner soft. Perfect flavors with each bite.
Cooking tips and step by step to prepare this wonderful Roasted Rosemary Potatoes recipe.
- Make sure that the potato chunks are all cut to the same size.
- Each small potatoes need to be covered with oil. To facilitate this process, you can mix the olive oil, rosemary, and potatoes in a bowl and transfer it to the cookie sheet.
- Once the rosemary potatoes are in the oven do NOT touch them. This is the secret to this extremely easy dish. Once you turn them, the crispiness is removed as you stop the cooking process.
- If you have an older over, you may rotate the cookie sheet in the oven for even cooking
- Do not overcrowd the cookie sheet
- Be generous with the salt, fine sea salt is the best with this dish. The salt will melt and form a crisp crust over the potatoes.
Products and Equipment used to make this recipe
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
- 4 potatoes 4 medium, peeled and cut into 1" cube potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil 4 tablespoons olive oil
- rosemary Rosemary sprig
- sea salt sea salt
- Preheat oven at 375F degrees. Spread 1 tablespoon of the olive oil on a cookie sheet. In a bowl add the potatoes, rosemary, and the remaining olive oil. Mix well to coat all the potatoes cubes.
- Place the potatoes on the cookie sheet and sprinkle generously with the salt. Bake in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until the potatoes have formed a nice crust on the bottom and are golden on top.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.