Kale and Potato soup.
It was overcast today, and what a perfect occasion to make soup.
This is my first experiment cooking with Kale and the result was quite a light yet filling soup. Most of all, the most straightforward soup to prepare.
A few ingredients are all in the same pot. Make sure that when you handle your hand-help mixer, you are away from the heat source.
Of course, you can let your imagination go and add carrots, celery…. anything that your heart desires.
Therefore a very healthy, loads of fresh vegetables, and delicious soup for a great family dinner.
Definitely will make it again.
Alongside served toasted French bread.
The sour cream is optional but yet it gives it a great taste.
Try it both ways for fun.
Kale and Potatoes Soup – Healthy and Delicious
- 1 kale, large bunch, stem removed and chopped
- 2 potatoes, large peeled nad diced
- 1 zucchini, cut into rounds zucchini
- 2 parsnips, small peeled adn diced
- 4 garlic, peeled
- 1 chicken breast
- In a large pot place all the above ingredients and cover with water.
- Cook over medium heat until the potatoes are tender and the kale is soft, 30 to 45 minutes.
- When done remove from heat and with a hand-held mixer, or food processor, puree.
- Serve in bowls with a dollop of sour cream.
Giangi’s Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram