We really enjoyed our long week-end of leisure, fun times with friends and eating. Having more time in the kitchen allowed me to make homemade spaghetti with tomatoes sauce and a peach pie. My mom just sent us from her garden fresh tomatoes and peaches, and therefore could not pass up the opportunity to use them right the way.
There is nothing nicer than biting into a just picked ripe peach from a tree. The flavor is just indescribable.
I never made peach pie before so I started looking in all my cook books and to my surprise, I did not find a recipe that I liked. Actually almost all the recipes for peaches were either marinated or cooked with some spirit. It is then that I decided to take matter in my own hands and I came up with this pie recipe. I took my apple pie recipe and added the almond, something new for me. We all loved the result.
If my mom will send me more peaches, hint.. hint mom… next time I will try making a tart…
Instead of making two posts today, I am combing all the meals we had under one heading.
Enjoy this short week.
Peach Pie - Summer fun
- 4 eggs 4 large egg(s)
- 3 ounces almond 3 ounces crumbled paste of almond
- 2 cups heavy cream 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tbsps brown sugar 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cups peaches 3 cups cut up in large chunks peaches
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 375º.
- Place the pastry dough on a 9 inch round pie plate. Poke lightly the pastry and prebake for 8 minutes in the hot oven. Remove and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, almond paste, heavy cream, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add the cut up peaches to the pastry shell, cover with the eggs mixture.
- Bake at 350º for 45 minutes, or until the middle is solid firm.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram