Nothing portrays summer as peaches do.
The fragrant smell, and the rich, plump, and juicy peaches, bring summer to our tables with love.
An excellent fruit that can be enjoyed in so many ways. Sliced and enjoyed with salad, ice cream, or just by itself.
Roasted or made into a delightful jam for the cold winter days while bringing a bit of summer sunshine to our morning breakfast. Peaches do brighten our meals.
Imagine tender sweet peaches drizzled with honey and roasted in the oven. Served with a sweet, but not too sweet, mascarpone cream over it.
Each bite is just bursting with flavor. With each bite, you want more. This roasted peaches recipe will soon become your go-to summer dessert.
All you need is five ingredients and only 20 minutes of cooking.
In this Article
- Best peaches for roasting
- Here are a few helpful tips for the ingredients needed to make those delicious mascarpone roasted peaches recipe
- Vanilla Sugar and How to make it
- Equipment needed
- Baking tips and step-by-step instructions on how to make baked peaches
- How to store your reheated baked peaches
- If you enjoy this delicious mascarpone roasted peaches recipe, look at my other recipes.
- Mascarpone Roasted Peaches
Best peaches for roasting
Use ripe and slightly soft yellow peaches to achieve the tastiest roasted peaches. Soft on the outside with a very fragrant smell.
You can remove the pit easily with your ripe peaches and not lose the precious juice.
Here are a few helpful tips for the ingredients needed to make those delicious mascarpone roasted peaches recipe
This is a quick introduction, and as you can see, the list of ingredients is short and includes essentials you may already have in your pantry. Please read the recipe for complete instructions.
Peaches: Make sure your peaches are mature so the pit will easily separate from the flesh. I use yellow peaches for this dessert.
Honey: Only use local honey if you can. I use mesquite honey that is grown here in Arizona.
Mascarpone: The excellent Italian cheese perfectly combined with so many desserts. A versatile cheese that can be used in sweet and savory dishes.
Vanilla sugar: Always have a jar going at all times. You never know when you will need it, and it is perfect with coffee occasionally. If you do not have vanilla sugar on hand, you can use a couple of drops of extract—just a couple, as it can overpower your roasted peaches recipe.
Lemon juice: Bring a touch of acidity to this dessert; it perfectly balances sweet peaches and sugar.
Vanilla Sugar and How to make it
The recipe required vanilla sugar. I make my vanilla sugar but add all the seeds and the outer pod of a vanilla bean to a jar of regular sugar.
I have been doing this for years, and it is not only super easy but a much better way to flavor your sugar.
Having handy vanilla sugar is always a wonderful thing. It has so many uses. From coffee to dessert, a small jar is something we all should have in our pantry.
Here is the easiest way to make it:
- You only need sugar and a vanilla bean pod that you will split.
- Remove the tiny black seeds and put everything together in a jar.
- Shake and set aside.
It stores well, and you will be amazed at how often you use it.
Vanilla sugar adds a light flavor to so many different recipes.
I only recommend what I use and love.
Gratin baking dish: To bake your peaches. I like them best as they have a high border, and the juices will stay inside the dish, and the peaches, if they slide over, will be contained.
Juicer: used to squeeze the lemon.
Small mixing bowl: used to create the cream with the mascarpone, vanilla sugar, and lemon juice.
Baking tips and step-by-step instructions on how to make baked peaches
I recommend having all your ingredients ready when you start with this recipe.
- Slice open your peaches with a sharp knife along the lower ridge of your peaches.
- Remove the pit and place it on a gratin dish with high borders to contain the peaches.
- Sprinkle honey all over and place into the preheated oven.
Meanwhile, prepare your mascarpone cream:
- Mix the mascarpone, vanilla sugar, and lemon juice,
Once the peaches are done, soft, spread the mascarpone in the cavity of the peach with the help of a spatula.
How to store your reheated baked peaches
If you are lucky to have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
If you know you will have leftovers, I always make more and have one half now and one later, do not add the mascarpone, but store it separately.
Bring the peaches back to room temperature, and add it to the oven, 350F, for five to ten minutes, just enough to be warm.
Spread the mascarpone cheese mixture over it, and you get to enjoy your roasted peaches twice.
If you enjoy this delicious mascarpone roasted peaches recipe, look at my other recipes.
The uses are endless, and with the baking season just around the corner, you will be ahead of the game.
Enjoy this Mascarpone Roasted Peaches dessert now, as the peaches are in season and super sweet. Perfect afternoon snack for the little one’s also.
Equipment needed to make this recipe of mascarpone-baked peaches.
Mascarpone Roasted Peaches
- 4 large peaches
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ⅔ cup mascarpone
- 3 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pit and place them inside a gratin dish placing cut side up. Sprinkle honey all over and place in the hot oven for 20 minutes.
- Mix the mascarpone, vanilla sugar, and lemon juice in a bowl. Once the peaches are done spread the mascarpone with the help of a spoon and spatula. Serve immediately.
- Make sure your peaches are mature so the pit will easily separate from the flesh. I use yellow peaches for this dessert.
- If you do not have vanilla sugar on hand, you can use a couple of drops of extract—just a couple, as it can overpower your roasted peaches recipe.
Giangi’s Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram
Visit my Amazon Storefront for my selection of favorite kitchen essentials. I only recommend equipment that I use and love.
Originally published on August 18, 2020. Updated on June 12, 2023.