A wonderfully refreshing Iceberg Wedge Salad topped with Blue Cheese Dressing that can be enjoyed any time of the year.
You can serve this wedge as a side salad with any meal, like Penne Alla Vodka, Chicken piccata, or Jalapeno Burgers.
The perfect salad with an impressive presentation and taking you little time to prepare it.
Served on a chilled plate, with the blue cheese dressing draped over it while adding bacon and tomatoes, it makes this salad stand out from all others.
How to cut a wedge
- The leaves of the iceberg salad are compact and layered tightly which makes the perfect lettuce to use.
- To make wedges grab the whole head removing any limp leaves that you may see, place the stem facing you on a clean and flat surface. This will prevent from having uneven slices.
- With a very sharp chef’s knife, slice down the middle core. Cut each half again, to make four quarters of salad.
- Rince each piece and gently shake any excess water. I would suggest placing them on a paper towel-lined plate to catch any excess water remaining in between the leaves layers.
- If not serving immediately, keep the slices wrapped on paper and place them in the refrigerator. The damp paper towels will prevent drying.
The possibilities are endless thus let your imagination go. Here are a few suggestions on other toppings that you can enjoy with your Iceberg wedge salad with bleu cheese dressing.
- slices cucumbers
- red onions, very thinly sliced to not overpower the blue cheese dressing
- grilled or roasted chicken
- salmon or sea scallops
Looking for more delicious recipes?
Iceberg Wedges with Blue Cheese Dressing
- 10 mins total
- 10 mins prep
- serves 4 people
1 cup sour cream
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup blue cheese crumbled + a few chunks for garnish
3 tablespoons buttermilk
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
4 bacon strips, cooked, cooled, and crumbled
1 head of iceberg salad, cored and outer leaves removed
cherry tomatoes, halved
freshly ground black pepper
chives finely chopped for garnish (optional)
In a medium bowl stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, ¼ of the blue cheese, buttermilk, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir well until smooth. Gently stir in the remaining ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving. At this point you can store it in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Remove any limp outer leaves of the iceberg salad and then cut in half, then cut each half into quartered wedges.
Place each wedge on a plate and drizzle with the blue cheese dressing. Top it with a few crumbles of bacon, sprinkle of chives (if using), reserved blue cheese chunks and the tomatoes.
Give one or two more sprinkle of freshly ground pepper and serve.
If you liked my recipe, you’re sure to love these useful products and related dishes.