Beets have always been one of my favorite vegetables.
The oven does most of the work, you clean them, peel, cut them and serve.
According to Healthline, beets provide some impressive health benefits.
Not to mention, they are low in calories, a great source of nutrients, including fiber, folate and vitamin C.
Beets also contain nitrates and pigments that may help lower blood pressure and improve athletic performance.
The below recipe is straightforward.
The beets can be prepared in the oven the day before and can preserve in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
Add the horseradish as you go along and taste to your liking. I like horseradish and have a tendency to add more than I should.
Perfect quick lunch at the office, or side vegetables with any fish or chicken.
Roasted Beets with Horseradish Creme Fraiche
- 4 beets, skin on
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- .50 cup creme fraiche
- .50 lemon squeezed
- purple radish sprouts, (optional)
- Preheat oven at 400F.
- Drizzle the beets with olive oil and a splash of water. Place in a small ovenproof dish, cover with foil and roast in the preheated oven until just soft. 1 to 1 ½ hour, insert a knife and it should have no resistance going thru. Allow to cool and remove the outer skin.
- In a small bowl mix together the horseradish and crème fraiche, salt and pinch of salt. Mix well and tasting as you go along until the sauce it is the way you like it.
- Cut the beets, place on a dish. Sprinkle a small amount of olive oil over it and serve the horseradish sauce alongside. Add a couple of pinched of the purple radish sprouts
Giangi’s Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram