Strawberries with wine is an old favorite recipe of mine.
The last time I recall enjoying it, I was still living in Paris with my dad, and my nonna used to make it often.
All summer long with fresh fruits just picked from the garden. It was a pure and straightforward treat after our meal or as an afternoon snack.
Sometimes she would spoil me and have some fresh homemade whipping cream.
How to make strawberries with wine
This is the world’s easiest recipe, as it takes only three ingredients: fresh strawberries, good-quality red wine, and sugar.
- Clean and remove the stem and white part of the strawberries.
- Slice them into quarters and place them in a container.
- Add the sugar and the wine.
- Stir well until the sugar is dissolved and the strawberries are well coated.
At this junction, you can cover them and place them in the refrigerator for 15 or longer if you want, refrigerator.
Or let them rest at room temperature for fifteen minutes or so before enjoying them.
You can enjoy them with
Some fresh whipped Chantilly cream is fantastic with it.
Or sugar cookies can be dipped in the wine when all the strawberries are gone.
I hope you will enjoy it as much as we always have.
Strawberries with Wine
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup red wine, red wine
- 2 tablespoons¼ sugar
- Mix the strawberries with the sugar and red wine. Let rest and enjoy!
Giangi’s Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram