Simplicity is what I love the most about cooking. Here is a fantastic dish that not only is very simple to make, requires a few ingredients and is absolutely delicious from the first bite.
Important that you slice the zucchinis all the same size so they all will cook evenly. If you do not have tomatoes handy but just zucchinis, the gratin will be wonderful as well.
A perfect light lunch or dinner served alongside rocket salad with a simple vinaigrette.
Zucchini Tomatoes Gratin
- 1 pie dough 1 pie dough, Pillsbury
- 2 tomatoes 2 tomatoes
- 2 zucchinis 2 medium size zucchini
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 eggs 2eggs
- .75 cup heavy cream 2/3 cup heavy cream
- salt salt
- pepper pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Roll out the pastry dough and place it on a 10-inch wide pie dish.
- Wash the tomatoes and the zucchinis and slice them in thin rounds. For a fun presentation, you can peel a couple of strips of the zucchini lengthwise. Arrange them in the pie dish in a circular pattern ending with the tomatoes in the middle. Sprinkle a pinch of oregano.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs add the cream, salt, pepper, and the remaining oregano. Pour over the zucchini tomato dish.
- Bake in the hot oven for 20 minutes. Let it rest and cool a bit before slicing it.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram