Banana bread has been trending since March.
The phenomenon of it has been surreal to see. Yet, I completely understand it. What there is not to like about banana bread? Perfect for breakfast, afternoon snack, or evening dessert. Either way, always welcome in everyone’s homes.
Here is my version of the banana bread with cranberries and white chocolate chips. Added a bit of fun to my classic recipe. Love with each bite.
This recipe makes two loaves. This is a great gift during the holidays. Use smaller molds and watch closely for the baking time. A great present always well received.
Because the white chocolate melts in the baking process, this banana bread will take a little bit longer to bake than your usual one. As with each oven, the baking process may be different, I strongly suggest that you bake it for 45 minutes and then do the toothpick test in the middle of the bread to make sure it is baked all the way thru. Trust me here. The sides may be a bit darker but nothing worse than a loaf of non-baked banana bread.
Let it cool off in the mold over a cooling rack. Once cooled remove the mold and continue the cooling process over the cooling rack. Using a rack will facilitate a faster even cooling of your banana bread.
You will enjoy the crunchy bite of the natural sugar of the bananas with the chocolate and of course, the cranberries are a great balance. Add your favorite nuts to it to give it your personal touch.
Grab a cup of your favorite coffee, tea, or milk, a warm blanket, a great book, and a huge slice of banana bread with cranberries and chocolate and relax.
Banana Bread with Cranberries and Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups granulated sugar 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 6 bananas 6 ripe bananas (around 3 cups)
- 4 eggs 4 eggs well beaten
- 2 ½ cups flour 2 ½ cups unbleahced flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup dried cranberries 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- With an electric beater, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add bananas and eggs, beating until well-mixed.
- Sift together dry ingredients three times. Blend with the bananas mixture but do not over mix. Fold in the vanilla, cranberries, and chocolate chips.
- Pour into 2 lightly-greased loaf pans. Bake for 45 minutes to one hour, until firm in the center and the edges begin to separate from pans. Do not over bake.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans. These freeze beautifully.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram