Leftovers are not too frequent in our family, however I do love to make a big roasted chicken and enjoying it for a couple of days.
We are, unfortunately, a dark chicken meat family lovers and I am kind of stuck with the breast part of the chicken.
The inspiration from this recipe came from staring at the chicken breasts and not wanting to make a salad with them, so decided to go via tortilla. Not the south of the border Mexican tortilla that is a flat pancake of flour or cornmeal and typically filled with meats, vegetables, but the Spanish tortilla, that is a thick omelet containing potatoes and other vegetables and/or meats, and served into wedges.
Mix green salad alongside, a glass of Chardonnay and dinner was perfect.
You can add sautéed mushrooms or red bell peppers, or zucchini… the opportunities are endless with this dish.
Chicken and Potatoes Tortilla
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 potatoes 2 peeled and cut into dices potatoes
- chicken leftover cut into small pieces chicken
- 4 eggs 4 egg(s)
- Preheat the broil of the oven.
- In a large saucepan filled with salted water, cook the potatoes cubes until tender, but not falling apart. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs with salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, over medium heat melt the better and add the olive oil. Add the chicken pieces and sauté them until warm. Add the potatoes and cook the chicken and the potatoes for 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs mixture and the parsley and cook until the eggs are starting to cook underneath the chicken and potatoes and around the edges of the skillet.
- Place the skillet under the broiler and cook until nicely golden and the eggs are no longer soft, around 6 to minutes.
- Serve in wedges.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram