Egg rolls are a favorite of my family each time we go out to eat Asian food, and yet I have never attempted to prepare them at home.
The opportunity presented itself thanks to Twin Dragon. Much easier than I expected to prepare and you can let your imagination do the cooking for you.
Sometimes it feels good to get out of your comfort zone and try new things.
The recipe below is my own creation and it is exactly for 20 rolls.
Feel free to adjust the heat content by adding extra chilis in the sauce as well as in the filling. I like my heat to be on the mild side so I can enjoy every flavor bursting in my mouth with each bite.
If you enjoy this excellent recipe for egg rolls, you may want to try:
- 3 carrots
- 2 cups white cabbage
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- pound cleaned shrimps
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons Chinese rice wine
- 2 teaspoons garlic sesame soy sauce (or regular)
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce, 2
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- white pepper
- 20 units Twin Dragon Egg Roll Wrappers
- oil for frying
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- soy sauce
Egg Rolls Preparation:
- Shred the carrots and cabbage. Peel and mince the garlic. Mince the fresh ginger. Chop in small pieces the cleaned and deveined shrimps.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok until hot. Add the ground pork and cook until done. About 4 minutes. Add the shrimps and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add the carrots, cabbage fresh garlic and ginger to the wok. Stir and add the brown sugar, Chinese rice wine, soy sauce, oyster sauce and rice vinegar. Cook over high heat until tender to the bite.
- Return the pork and shrimps to the wok and mix well with the vegetables
- Remove and let it cool off. Can be placed in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Place egg roll wrapper in a diamond shape on a clean dry surface. Spoon mixture in the lower mid part of wrapper. Cover with tip corner, fold side over tucking meat well inside, roll and wet triangle tip with water and seal. Continue with all rolls.
- In the wok heat oil until hot and deep fry the egg roll until golden all around
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add more soy sauce as needed or desired.
- Serve alongside egg rolls.
Giangi’s Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram