We just wanted something simple and light for dinner and what a better way to have salad. I always enjoy Belgian endives and love the fresh crisp feeling with each bite and so easy to pair with any vinaigrette sauce too. Avocados on hand, endives and a couple of ingredients for the vinaigrette, and in less than 20 minutes’ dinner was served.
Of course this salad is excellent alongside to any poultry or beef dish. Perfect to bring to any pool parties this summer. The lemon will not allow the avocado to turn brown and will not need immediate refrigeration.
Endive with Avocado Salad
- 1.5 tbsp Dijon mustard 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 0.25 cup lemon juice 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 0.75 tsp salt 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 tsp ground pepper 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 endive 4 heads of endive
- 4 Haas avocado 4 ripe, peeled and seeded Haas avocado
- Whisk together the mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to make a vinaigrette.
- Remove a half-inch from the stem end of each endive, discard the core, and cut the rest across into 1-inch chunks. Cut the avocados into large dice or wedges. Toss the avocados and endive with the vinaigrette. Season to taste and serve at room temperature.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram