Timballo di pasta. Sunday… Lazy Sunday…. Actually my son loves Sundays as we get to enjoy “ Pajamas Day”. Well he does… With a bit if time on my hands this morning, I decided to prepare dinner early on and join him in the “dolce far niente” for the rest of the day.
Timballo di Pasta is one of those dishes that can be prepared as wished. We love peas and ham. We use mozzarella because of the gooey stringy feeling when you bite into. Easy prepared, great with and for left overs.
A nice green salad works well as a side dish.
From my family to yours, enjoy your Sunday.
Timballo di Pasta - Perfect Left Over Solution
- 1 pound pasta 1 pound of Ziti pasta
- 1 cup mozzarella 1 cup + shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup peas 1/2 cup thawed peas
- 1/4 cup ham 1/4 cup cut into small pieces ham
- Preheat the oven at 375 º. Cook the pasta al dente in a large pot of salted water. In the meantime prepare the béchamel sauce. Add the mozzarella, the peas and the ham.
- When pasta is done, drain and put back in the cooking pot. Add the béchamel sauce and stir well and put into a large Pyrex baking pan and place in the hot oven for 30 minutes or until the top is starting to brown.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram