Sweet potatoes muffins… yes please!!!
Having friends for the weekend is always fun as it allows me to be a bit more creative in the kitchen.
However my son and guest did not feel my excitement on the new muffins that I was going to prepare for them.
Me: I am going to make chocolate chip sweet potatoes muffins
Son: Sweet potatoes?? Really!! I don’t think that will taste that good, potatoes muffins!!!
Me: You must expand your food repertoire and I would like for you to try them. I know once you bite into one, you will love them.
Friend: I do not like chocolate chip muffins.
Me: You do not like chocolate chip muffins?
Son: my mom can’t have them either as she gave up chocolate for lent, so you are in luck.
Me: I guess it will be sweet potato muffins.
Son and Friend: Oh!!
I have not made this very old recipe, which was handed me down by someone ions ago, was delicious with the chocolate chips, and now without them, I was in unknown territory and had no idea what to expect.
Not too sweet, light and just delicious was the final verdict. we enjoyed them also with butter and jam.
We hope you will enjoy them as well as much as we did.
Sweet Potatoes Muffins
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 eggs
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, cooked in the oven
- 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 cup
- sanding sugar, for decoration
- Cook in the oven the sweet potatoes until soft. Remove from the oven and peel them. Place the meat into a dish, smash to reduce to a no chunk pulp and let it cool.v
- Keep the oven at 400°.v
- Mix all the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon and chocolate chips if using.
- Add to the dry ingredients the orange juice, sweet potatoes, egg and oil and mix well.
- Place muffins cups in muffins pan and pour muffins mix up to cup high.
- Sprinkle sanding sugar and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve at room temperature.
Giangi’s Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram