Chicken liver parfait with apples and Calvados gelee.
I did it!!! Yes, I did!! I made my Chicken liver parfait with apple and Calvados gelee.
The recipes was given to me by my friend Eliane from La Serviette Blanche . Easy to follow and not as intimidating as it may seems. The result is WOW!! Devine, decadent and thankful that I am not in a diet… It is five in the morning and I cannot stop eating it.
With every bites I am transported back home, in Paris, sitting at our dining table with my dad and enjoying pâté with fresh out of the oven baguette and a sip of red wine. The memory will for ever be in my heart and it warms my heart that I can share it with my son.
Thank you Eliane, I owe you one…
Happy Monday Everyone!!
Chicken Liver Parfait with Calvados
- 500 grams unsalted butter 500 grams clarified unsalted butter
- 2 eggs 2 whole egg(s)
- 4 eggs 4 yolks of egg(s)
- 4 juniper berries 4 juniper berries
- 500 grams chicken 500 grams liver of chicken
- 5 thyme 5 stems fresh thyme
- 600 ml port 600 ml port
- 0.75 teaspoon sea salt 3/4 teaspoon spoon sea salt
- 0.25 tsp ground pepper 1/4 teaspoon fine ground pepper
- Preheat oven to (260°F) 125° degrees C.
- In a saucepan pour in the port and add the fresh stems of thyme. Place on high heat and reduce the port down from (20 fl oz.) 600ml to (4 fl oz.) 100ml. Strain off the thyme from the thickened reduced port.
- Clean any sinews from the livers and discard.
- In the blender add the cleaned livers, reduced port and juniper berries. With the motor running add the yolks, whole eggs and the warm clarified butter.
- Finish by seasoning with the sea salt and fresh black pepper. Take this runny liver mix and pass through a fine sieve, discarding any lumps etc..
- Line a standard Loaf tin with glad wrap (with plenty over hanging). Pour in the liver mix.
- In a deep oven dish, ( Au Bain Marie) place the loaf tin in the center and carefully pour in hot water so it comes three quarters of the way up the sides of the parfait tin. Cover the lot tightly with tin foil and place in the pre heated oven.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, then pull back the foil and check if it's cooked when it's just set but still a little soft in the middle. If it's not ready cover again tightly and place back in the oven, checking every 5-10 minutes until done. Remove and let cool on a rack for an hour then refrigerate (6hrs at least or overnight).
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram