Orange roughy with tomatoes capers sauce.
I have been in vacation from my blog!!! Just realized that my last posting was over a month ago. Boy!!! where did the time go???
We have had dinner every nights, couple of nights out for a great pizza at our favorite spot, furthermore some night a quicker than lightening dinner, left overs that is.
Last night we decided to have fish. I just received some wonderful tomatoes, fresh from my mom’s garden. Yes, she mails me her tomatoes and zucchinis.
She must have a special connection with her post office, because every piece of mail she sends me, and it is not Priority but just regular mail, arrives the day after.
As a result I combined them with capers and green olives and garlic.
Added to the tomatoes I just received from www.boxedgreens.com dinner was easy to put together.
Love when that happens.
Orange Roughy with Tomatoes Capers Sauce
- 4 orange roughy fillets 4 orange roughy fillets
- 3 tomatoes 3 large peeled, seeds removed and diced tomatoes
- 2 capers 2 very generous tablespoons capers
- 2 garlic 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tbsps green olives 2 tablespoons chopped green olives
- In a large skillet add the olive oil and the garlic and gently cook. Add the tomatoes, capers, olives salt and pepper and cook at medium low heat for 20 minutes. When the sauce is thickened set aside.
- Meanwhile on a separate skillet warm 1 tablespoon of butter and cook over medium heat the Orange Roughy fillets until cooked all the way through.
- Serve with the sauce over it.
Giangi's Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram